What is a cookie?
- First and third-party cookies: whether a cookie is ‘first’ or ‘third’ party refers to the domain placing the cookie. First-party cookies are those set by a website that is being visited by the user at the time (e.g. cookies placed by www.jackiefilmercatering.com).
- Third-party cookies: are cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the site being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and another entity sets a cookie through that site this would be a third-party cookie.
- Persistent cookies: these cookies remain on a user’s device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
- Session cookies: these cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
How to delete and block our cookies
Can I withdraw my consent?
If you wish to withdraw your consent at any time, you will need to delete your cookies using your internet browser settings.
For further information about deleting or blocking cookies, please visit: http://www.aboutcookies.org/Default.aspx?page=2.
How to turn cookies off
Internet browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings are usually found in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your internet browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful. Otherwise you should use the ‘Help’ option in your internet browser for more details.
Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
Cookie settings in Firefox
Cookie settings in Chrome
Cookie settings in Safari
What cookies do we use and why?
To find out about specific cookies we use on this site, please see below for details.
The cookies used on our site are categorised as follows:
- Strictly necessary
‘Strictly necessary’ cookies let you move around the site and use essential features like accessing your profile and posting feedback. Without these cookies, these services cannot be provided. Please note that these cookies do not gather any information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you’ve been on the internet.
We use these strictly necessary cookies to:
- identify you as being logged in to our site; and
- enable you to submit information via online forms such as registration and feedback forms.
Accepting these cookies is a condition of using the site, so if you prevent these cookies we can’t guarantee your use of our site or how the security on our site will perform during your visit.
‘Performance’ cookies collect information about how you use our site e.g. which pages you visit, and if you experience any errors. These cookies do not collect any information that could identify you and is only used to help us improve how our site works, understand what interests our users and measure how effective our content is.
We use Web Analytics performance cookies to provide anonymous statistics on how our site is used.
Some of our performance cookies are managed for us by third parties. However, we don’t allow the third party to use the cookies for any purpose other than those listed above.
By using our site, you accept the use of ‘Performance’ cookies. Accepting these cookies is a condition of using the site, so if you prevent them we cannot guarantee how our site will perform for you.
More information about cookies
Third party cookies
Google Analytics sets the following cookies as described in the table below. A default configuration and use of Google Analytics sets only the first 4 cookies in the table.